How do I clear the Java cache on my Mac?
This article applies to:
- Platform(s): Macintosh OS X
- Java version(s): 7.0, 8.0
The information on this page pertains to Oracle Java starting with Java 7, supported with Mac OS X 10.7.3 and above.
Clearing Java cache forces browsers to load the latest version of Java applets and applications.
Clear Oracle Java cache on Mac
- Click on Apple icon at the top
- Click the System Preferences icon to open
- Click on Java icon located under the Other section to open Java Control Panel
- In Java Control Panel click on Settings under Temporary Internet Files
- Click on the Delete Files button on Temporary Internet Files window
- This will open the Delete Files and Applications window, click OK to confirm delete
You might also be interested in:
- Mac OS X information for installing and using Java
- How do I install Java for my Mac?
- How do I uninstall Java on my Mac?
- Where is the Java Control Panel on Mac?
- How do I Update Java for my Mac?