Windows 10 system requirements
Here’s what it takes to upgrade to Windows 10 on your PC or tablet:
- Latest OS: Make sure you’re running the latest version—either Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update.
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit ( I recommend 4GB or more is better.)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS or 20 GB for 64-bit OS
- Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
- Display: 800 x 600
Windows 10 is great peace of software it does a lot. You can download Windows 10 media creation tool, you can run the tool on the PC and you will have several options
- Upgrade to Windows 10
- During this process it will ask you if you want keep your files and programs and do an upgrade to Windows 10. If you choose this option I wish you luck windows always find some thing that needs to be deleted or updated and at times it’s frustrating to resolve.
- My answer is do a full install.
- Please backup all your files, folder, pictures, videos and music to an external device.
- Please note if you do a full install all programs you have installed will be deleted including files and folders.
- Create a ISO bootable USB drive
- Really don’t need to choose this option unless you are doing multiple computers.